Given the current COVID-19 situation, all upcoming in-person lectures and meetings, are cancelled. We have moved to using the zoom platform for our council meetings and public talks. The link to the public talk can be found on the public lectures page – a fresh link is posted each month.
The NSIS Council members thank you for your continued support. If you have questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to reach out by sending an email to the NSIS Secretary (NSInstituteOfScience@gmail.com) including “Attention Secretary” on the subject line.
Who we are
The Nova Scotian Institute of Science (NSIS) is a membership organization which represents and promotes science to Nova Scotians. We invite anyone interested in science to become a member of the Institute.
What we do
- Present a series of free monthly public talks on science topics and issues.
- Publish a scholarly publication entitled: Proceedings of the Nova Scotian Institute of Science.
- Sponsor an annual science writing competition for university students.
- Support and provide prizes for regional school science fairs.
- Provide a mentorship program for university science students.
- Meet on a monthly basis.
- Maintain a library of journals from scientific societies around the world.
For further information, please contact the NSIS President, Tamara Franz-Odendaal, at the Institute’s email address: (NSInstituteOfScience@gmail.com) including “Attention President” on the subject line.
Link to the NSIS Facebook page.
The Nova Scotian Institute of Science would like to thank the Chebucto Community Network of Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada who provide the space and support for these pages.