Who we are
The Nova Scotian Institute of Science (NSIS) is a membership organization which represents and promotes science to Nova Scotians. We invite anyone interested in science to become a member of the Institute.
What we do
- Present a series of free monthly public talks on science topics and issues.
- Publish a scholarly publication entitled: Proceedings of the Nova Scotian Institute of Science.
- Sponsor an annual science writing competition for university students.
- Support and provide prizes for regional school science fairs.
- Provide a mentorship program for university science students.
- Meet on a monthly basis.
- Maintain a library of journals from scientific societies around the world.
For further information, please contact the NSIS President, Patrick Ryall, at the Institute’s email address: email@example.com.
The Nova Scotian Institute of Science would like to thank the Chebucto Community Network of Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada who provide the space and support for these pages.
(Photo credits: Peter Wells)