Given the current COVID-19 situation, all upcoming in-person lectures and meetings, including the upcoming AGM, will be cancelled until the Fall. In the coming weeks, we will investigate the possibility of sharing content in other ways.
Many thanks to our past speakers who participated in the 2019/20 public lecture season and to those who were willing but unable to participate in a public event at this time. We hope to be able to re-schedle the lectures and the AGM to a later date. In the meantime, stay safe!
On behalf of my colleagues on the NSIS Council, I thank you for your continued support. If you have questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to reach out by sending an email to the NSIS Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Who we are
The Nova Scotian Institute of Science (NSIS) is a membership organization which represents and promotes science to Nova Scotians. We invite anyone interested in science to become a member of the Institute.
What we do
- Present a series of free monthly public talks on science topics and issues.
- Publish a scholarly publication entitled: Proceedings of the Nova Scotian Institute of Science.
- Sponsor an annual science writing competition for university students.
- Support and provide prizes for regional school science fairs.
- Provide a mentorship program for university science students.
- Meet on a monthly basis.
- Maintain a library of journals from scientific societies around the world.
For further information, please contact the NSIS President, Tana Worcester, at the Institute’s email address: NSInstituteOfScience@gmail.com.
Link to the NSIS Facebook page.
The Nova Scotian Institute of Science would like to thank the Chebucto Community Network of Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada who provide the space and support for these pages.